Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Computer Cupcakes

Technology meets cake decorating

I was very fortunate to be asked to create computer themed cupcakes.  At first I had no idea what I was going to do.  I got a few ideas on-line and decided I could easily make fun, delicious computer cupcakes. 
First I created a computer keyboard out of black fondant.  I knew I wanted it to roughly take up four cupcakes.  I grabbed my computer keyboard as a pattern and then super simplified it.  The computer mice were pretty cute too.  After I shaped the mice I painted them with silver edible paint.  Found in cake decorating stores.  I loved how it looked. I dabbed a little silver on the keyboard too.
The cupcakes were white cake (homemade of course).  They were iced with a thin layer of white butter cream. Then I cut out circles of white fondant to cover the top.  The white fondant on the cupcakes looked great just by itself.  I simply adhered the computer mice to the top of the cupcakes along with the keyboard.  Happy birthday Angela!

No comments:

Post a Comment