Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Teddy Bear Cupcakes for a Baby Boy Shower

These chocolate cupcakes were made for a friends baby shower.  We are truly blessed to have him in our lives. 

Wow, I found out cupcakes can be a lot of work.  First I used chocolate cake which is very difficult to cover up with pale blue butter cream icing, I had to do several coats.  Now I know why when you buy cakes they are always white, easier to frost!  The teddy bear heads are made of piped chocolate butter cream icing, yummy.  The muzzles are piped cream coloured butter cream icing and the eyes and nose/mouth are simply piped on in black.  It took much longer than anticipated but they look super cute.  It was worth the effort.
If you are interested in ordering a cake, cupcakes or cookies simply email me and we can find the perfect cake for your needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment